Our Sumatra benzoin is a resin that is derived from the bark of the native tree (Styrax benzoin) in the island of Sumatra, Indonesia. The resin is harvested by making incisions in the bark of the tree and collecting the aromatic sap that flows out.
Sumatra benzoin has a sweet, warm, and balsamic scent, with notes of vanilla, caramel, and cinnamon. It is commonly used in the manufacture of perfumes, incense, and other aromatic products.
Burning Sumatra benzoin for aromatherapy, air purification, relaxation, calmness etc.
How to burn aromatic resin?
- First, burn a charcoal disc with stove top or jet-flame lighter until red-hot.
- Place the charcoal disc inside the resin burner/ censer burner/ Bakhoor burner.
- Add a small amount of resin on top of the charcoal.
- As the resin begins to burn, it will release a fragrant smoke. Enjoy the scent and the calming atmosphere it creates.
- When you are finished burning the aromatic resin, leaving it to cool completely before disposing of it.
Please note each package will contain natural resin powder and chunks.